The Boy in return challenged me to name some of the things for which I am thankful so in no particular order . .
I'm thankful for my family. David makes me laugh, makes me want to pull out my hair, understands my need for COLD, pushes my buttons, brings me chocolate and Dr. Pepper and loves me despite my many annoying traits (organized chaos, always hot, need to take pictures at all occasions). I love him a fat ton. The Boy is the best thing that ever happened to me and while he, too, can push my buttons? I love him with every square inch of my heart. He brings me joy, he makes my heart smile. And each time I want to pull out my hair I remember there will be a time when he doesn't want to hang out with me. I'm thankful I have been given the privilege of being his mom. Jethro is awesome and I so love him more.
I'm thankful for my parents, who are always there when I need them. Who take joy in The Boy and have him over for sleepovers or Early Release Days or random Wednesdays I have to work late. Who bring me a coke every Sunday morning to make my morning's go smoother. They are awesome and I love them, too.
My brothers (and their wives) - because I know that right this minute if I called and needed them they would help. Except Matthew might make a fuss about it but deep down I know he loves me, too. And I'm crazy thankful for them giving me awesome nephews. Tyler and Kaleb make life even more fun and I can't wait for the day they call over to Auntie Shan and Uncle Dave and ask for a sleepover. We are So There.
I'm incredibly blessed and thankful that we had a family vacation to the beach with awesome friends. It was a wonderful week of relaxing and laughing and fun. I look back over the pictures and see how carefree that week was and I'm thankful we had the chance to do it. I've always loved the beach and it's my Happy Place. Makes it even more awesome to go to your Happy Place with friends that are like family.
I'm thankful for my job. While I don't know what the next week, month, year holds? I am doing something I Love and I'm thankful that Monday through Friday I am able to do it. I am thankful for the families I am allowed to work with and help. I'm thankful that some days I do make a difference.
I'm thankful for coworkers who've become friends. I'm thankful that I laugh each day. I'm thankful for Friday lunches and long trips with Paternity Test Tuesdays. Listening ears when I need to vent. Help when you need to phone a friend. I'm thankful that some coworker friends have become like family.
I'm thankful for cars that have heat and air & run each day. I'm thankful for a house, my bed with my favorite covers. For the dog that alerts me when something is amiss (but not for the same dog when she gets in the trash and shreds it all over the house *ahem*). I'm thankful for my red chair. And the freezer full of rice socks that help me make it through the night.
I'm thankful for books to read to get lost in a story - and I'm thankful Dee Henderson wrote a new book. I'm thankful for my Kindle on which I can read the awesome books. And for the awesome apps like Words with Friends and Diner Dash which allow me to pass the time and detox from a rough day.
I'm thankful for my camera and the gift of being able to take pictures. While I sometimes wish it was in the plans for me to do it More or even as a side job, I take joy in knowing that I have managed to snap many memories over the past 8+ years. I love looking through the drive and seeing the images captured.
I am thankful for my kids at church. For the now 3rd Graders that were in our first class and the kids we have now. For the joys I have each Wednesday night in Awana. For the group of kids that faithfully come on Sundays to sing in the musical. I'm thankful that they love and accept me even though I'm far from perfect.
I'm thankful Christmas. It's my most favorite holiday in the world. I put the tree up the first week of November and enjoy it for two straight months. The hymns and songs at this time of year are The Best. I cannot imagine what it was like that first Christmas many years ago. How Mary felt knowing that her son was here to save the world. I'm thankful for traditions and magic and hope and love.
I'm thankful for miracles. For the fact that I am here but even more recently for the fact that my friend's daughter was Healed. I'm thankful for community - for knowing that sometimes it is bigger than you can imagine.
I'm thankful for chocolate and for Mojo's that makes good chocolate. I'm thankful for Dr. Pepper and fountain cokes. I'm thankful for water with Propel. And Moe's burritos. And Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Amen.
I'm thankful that Kleenex put lotion in the tissues so I don't rub my nose raw. And that there are products that help tame my hair from being an out-of-control-nest. And vanilla-scented sanitizer.
And for a Heavenly Father, His Son and the empty tomb that third day.
No comments:
Post a Comment