Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Busy, Busy, Busy ~ Isn't that the story of our lives? Sometimes I just want it to slow down - but then I find myself counting the hours until bedtime and quiet and wanting time to speed up . . . Sleeping has always been a favorite thing. I remember The Boy writing "My Mom Likes To Sleep" on one of those Mother's Day poems. And who can forget him writing 'My mom's favorite things to do are sleep and take pictures' for his sentences earlier this school year?!

I've continued with Doing Something Every Day and increased the difficulty by getting a trainer. I figured since I paid for one for six months I might as well use it (and Dave gave me the kick in my pants to go on and set it up when we started Tuesdays At The Gym a few weeks back). My trainer, who Dave calls Paul Bunyan, is totally kicking my tail. I work nonstop for 30 minutes 2-3 times each week with him. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end - I just hope The End is not when I'm 87 and go meet Jesus.

The Boy, meanwhile, thinks getting to go to 'daycare' each time I go to the gym is the Best Thing Ever. If he had his way he'd go EVERY DAY. Then again he thinks it is cool to ride a school bus, too. Perspective.

Speaking of The Boy - he's been ROCKING IT with baseball. I finally see how hitting off a tee for 239487298472987493827 hours can help with him getting on base. Now to just get him Catching The Ball when he plays catcher. My mom snapped this oh so awesome pic of him playing catcher in his first game this season
 And we cannot say enough about how much we love playing across the river!

And the rest of the house? Dave has been busy with Work and Teaching and Shooting his Bow. Lola has been busy running circles around her cage around 8 every night. And Millie is a Big Girl and now stays out of her cage 24/7 since Houdini managed to unlock it every time we left anyway. She has claimed a corner of the couch and I'm guessing we'll just let her have it.

We've had a great Easter weekend - spending time with friends and family - Egg Hunts and baseball games and family lunches - it was a most fabulous way to end Spring Break! None of us will like the call of the alarm tomorrow but I do know one thing - the fellas are already counting down to the last day of school!

Happy Easter friends! Be safe and make good choices. ~ Shan.

No comments:

Post a Comment