Sunday, March 4, 2012

Do Something Every Day.

I really should do better about blogging. I've no excuse so I won't even waste the click-click of my fingers typing it out.

It was recently Ash Wednesday which meant Lent which for this Southern Baptist is a time when all the Catholic ladies I work with daily are sacrificing one thing or another. A group of us in the office this year were discussing Lent over lunch and it was full of What They Will Give Up and it was brought up that you can also pledge to do instead of give up. I said Oh Why Not and made a pledge to Do Something Every Day - and by that I mean more than breathing and I mean not just be kind although that would have been a nice idea as well. No my fat tail is pledging to walk or jog or ride a bike or SOMETHING every single day. Most days this involves me dragging myself for a walk after work. One day it was dragging myself from my desk to walk around work since it was pouring. And another day found The Boy and his Mother riding on the bike trail only to get a flat one mile from the car and having to walk while pushing our bikes that whole mile and it was The Longest Mile of Our LIVES not the funnest portion of our day. In a perfect world I would make it to the gym Every Day and be in a bikini by Summer work out even harder.

Despite having started Doing Something Every Day and the fact that as of right now it has been an ENTIRE SEVEN DAYS since my last Dr. Pepper? My Scale Has Not Moved. And My Pants Are No Looser. I am trying to not get discouraged and to just think of it as The Sacrifice it should be. And it sucks. That said I AM taking it to heart that today someone thought my face was thinner (although it really isn't and I'm afraid it was not so much thinner but more my hair was not huge and due to no humidity actually laid flat FOR ONCE IN ITS LIFE but still . . . )

So yeah that's where I am right about now - drinking water until my eyes float, walking in the 'hood every day, dreaming of Easter when I will eat PB eggs, weighing myself and using every ounce of restraint not to throw the scale through the bathroom window. Lest I end on a sour note, I will note that I have mastered a slow jog and make it a part of a mile when I walk and that my butt does not jiggle as much when I do - SMALL VICTORIES.

Be safe and make good choices, like go for a walk or drink some water. Happy Week Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment