I decided to again make a list of things to achieve in the coming year and then I looked around and here it is the 13th and I've yet to put pen to paper. I could claim that I've been too busy listening to stories of Creepers and Skeletons from Mindcraft War Stories (TRUE STORY). Or that I was cleaning (bwahaha!). Or that I was busy taking pictures (yeah haven't used the camera in forty forevers I've again lost my pho-jo). In the interest of honesty I will just say that I am lazy and decided to just sit in the red chair and *think* about doing it. And then I was all in the red chair with the laptop watching a little TMNT the animated series while hearing creeper stories and thought Why Not Now.
So here 13 days in to 2013 I give you my Not-Resolutions in random order:
- Have a Me Night at least once a month. Go to dinner with a friend, take myself to a movie. Just at least one night each month I do something that is not feeding pigs, making tea, washing clothes or sweeping.
- Lose 30 pounds. I'm in a competition with Dave. I know that guys tend to lose fast and he may start off strong but he always struggles more with the last 10 so I'm not counting myself out just yet. To work on my achievement I am drinking water instead of Dr. Pepper. And since I lack motivation I have very little other headway to push me to winning. Note to self - more work on #2
- Complete a Bible Study. I start them all the stinking time but never finish them. I'm beginning to see a common theme of accountability in my Not-Resolutions.
- Stay caught up on paperwork. This was totally on last year's list but it's one that needs to be brought back. That said - Hey! Lookit me! I am actually sticking with this one so far this year. I go in to work tomorrow with no outstanding casenotes or reports. I believe this is the first time I've been this caught up since the day before I had surgery. Rock On.
- Do a 5K. Even if I walk most of it and only run a bit I want to attempt one. I've walked one in the past but I finished it with the man with a cane. I had a blast, mind you, but it was more of a 'stroll' than a race.
- Get together with family more often than holidays. And take more pictures when we're together. I'm making right on this one so far, as we got together on New Year's. And there is already have a gtg on the books for February.
- Learn to knit. I'm making progress on this one as I have the circle peg
thing, some yarn and a tiny bit of patience. You can tell I'm going to
be an awesome knitter since I've already failed at it three times, I
don't know the names of the stuff, and I've been at it for a day. Edited
to add: Yeah I'm failing miserably at this one. Spent
2 hoursTHE ENTIRE AFTERNOON trying and messed up every time. At least I have a whole year to do it, right? Ugh. Edited again to add: I'm giving it one last shot for tonight and then I am going to bed. I've now watched a video where a guy did it, a child did it and an old lady in a nursing home did it. Surely there is hope I can figure this out. SURELY - Plant a garden. We didn't do this last year and it was depressing. Even if I have to do it by myself, there will be tomatoes and peppers planted. I can't make any promises about weeding the garden though.
- Drink more water and eat breakfast. This ties in with #2 but really if we are sticking with the being smart this would be two choices I shouldn't have to put on a list and should Just Do. I just suck at breakfast and would rather sleep an extra 15 minutes. What can I say I like to sleep.
- Blog More. This should be a given but I just choose to instead play Words With Friends or watch Duck Dynasty. And read more. Books, Kindle, whatevs. Blog More & Read More.
- Be a better Bible Fellowship teacher and Awana leader. No explanation needed. But I guess I would add that if we do another musical and I'm helping to be better at that, too.
- Send more snail mail. I know I enjoy getting all those cards at Christmas and why wait until then to drop a note? Need to be better about this.
So there it is - my Not-Resolutions. Here's to an awesome 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment