Saturday, August 18, 2012

Zoo Cruise for Twos

So at the start of the summer, as I stood with my partner in crime Susan looking ahead to a mere 8 weeks to learn an entire musical I did the only thing I could think of - I begged every person I saw to consider helping I prayed. I prayed for help (and God sent me my mom, Suzanne, Alecia and Suzie). I prayed for patience (and I don't think I ever lost my cool). I prayed for inspiration (wait until you see that Best Rainbow Ever).

And I prayed that this year that God would give us more than 15 kids. The summer before so few came and it was a struggle. In June we were looking at this adorable musical and a church filled with children but with uncertainty of Who Would Come. So I specifically asked for kids to come.

And God sent 35.

You hear that? THIRTY FIVE. That's double last year. 

And I was doubly amazingly blessed.

Tonight as I sat behind the wall listening to those 35 voices sing about surrendering to Jesus One by One my heart was full. And I was proud. 

I have a peace tonight. I am going to tell you that aside from the first musical my son participated in? This is by far one of my most favorite ever. I had the privilege to work with the most awesome kids and some amazing assistants.

And now? Now I have Just One More Prayer. We've only had around 8 weeks to pull this musical together - and in the summer with vacations and such that is no small feat. The 35 kids on that stage tomorrow have worked Hard. I would love nothing more than to have a Full House to support them tomorrow. So consider coming out to Morningside tomorrow afternoon - 4 p.m. the lights will go down and the kids will file in. I promise you will be blessed.

Be an answer to prayer - We'll see you tomorrow at 4!


1 comment:

  1. We as assistants were the ones blessed to have worked with you and Susan. Ya'll have done a great job of thinking, planning, getting results, and working so hard to make this happen. I pray we do have a large group of people to see these children do so well. Ahoy for tonight.

    ReplyDelete